As per IGST Act Section 2(5) Export of goods with its grammatical variations and cognate expressions, meanstaking goods out of India to a place outside India.Export means trading or supplying of goods and services outsidethe domestic territory of a country.
In exports there are two options.
- With payment of GST.
- If we have exercise first option, then we can claim IGST paid plus GST paid on our inputs.
- Exporter has benefit of paying IGST and then claimingrefund on the same under GST laws. This deal is made easy enough for the exporters to promote the same and boost them to increase their services. There is no need for filing refund application(GST RFD-01) instead, shipping bill filed with customs by the exporter acts as an application for refund claim if:
- The person carrying export properties (goods) has filed an export patent or export general manifest
- The person should have filed the returnsGSTR-3or GSTR-3B
- After filing of table 6A in Form GSTR-1, refund process is initiated.Refundscan also be claimed by exporters.
- 90% Refund of IGST paid on exports would be granted within 7 days and the balance within 60 days.
- Without payment of GST (Under LUT/Bond)
- If we exercise second option, then we need not pay IGSTbut you can claim GST paid on our Input. File form RFD-11.
- Letter of Undertaking enables a customer to raise funds as a bank guarantee. It is a type of bond issued by Central Government which an Assessee undertakes in case of exporting.Bond is an instrument of obligation of the bond issuer to the holders, paid at maturity of the same.
If Goods or Services are not Exported?
As per the specifications laid in Rule 96A of the CGST Rules,
- The exporter shall be responsible to pay taxes, with interest if:
- Goods are not exported outside India within 3 months of issuing the export invoice tax should be paid within 15 days from the end of such three months period);
- On a failure to render services or if the payment for goods is not received in convertible foreign exchange within one year then within 15 days from the expiry of such one year.